1. Shop at Amazon Smile
Did you know that AmazonSmile Foundation could be donating 0.5% of what you spend on Amazon to Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Metro? When you shop on AmazonSmile, through the App or on smile.amazon.com, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
Get signed up for Amazon Smiles on your mobile app and a portion of all your purchases go back to Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland
To get set up and started on Amazon App:
- At the bottom of the screen on your app, select the image with three lines
2. Choose settings
3. Scroll down to AmazonSmile
4. Search charity: Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Metropolitan Area
5. Select and your done
To get set up and started on Smile.Amazon.com:
- Log in to smile.amazon.com using your Amazon credentials
- Click “Get Started”
- Search for Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Metropolitan Area
- Select the Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Metropolitan Area
- Start Shopping!
Tip: Donations are only made when you shop at smile.amazon.com. We recommend you bookmark the website so whenever you shop at Amazon, part of your purchase can benefit kids in our community!
2. Join Fred Meyer Community Rewards
Do you shop at Fred Meyer? Pick Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland as your Fred Meyer Community Rewards nonprofit! Whenever you use your Rewards Card, you’ll be helping the Clubs earn a donation from Fred Meyer.
There’s no cost to join. All you have to do is link your Fred Meyer Rewards Card! Here’s how:
- Log in to your online account at fredmeyer.com/communityrewards
- Search for Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Metropolitan Area (NPO number 85618)
- Link your Rewards Card to us
- Continue Shopping!
Note: You’ll still be able to get the Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates. At the end of each quarter, Fred Meyer will make a donation to participating nonprofits based on the accumulated spending of Rewards Customers linked to each nonprofit.
3. Round Up through Kidcents | Rite Aid Foundation
We are excited to announce that our Clubs have been chosen to be a 2020 Kidcents Charity through the Rite Aid Foundation! For every $500 raised, Rite Aid Foundation matches $500, up to $5,000. If you hold a Wellness+ Rewards card, you can choose to ROUND UP your Rite Aid purchase with that additional change being donated to Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Metro. Here’s how it works:
- Visit kidcents.com and click “Start Rounding Up Today”
- Click “Select a Charity”
- Type “Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Metro” into the Search bar
- Click “My Change” to edit preferences to “Automatically Round up Purchases”
- Encourage family and friends to sign up too!
4. Shop at New Seasons Market
We’re partnering with New Seasons Market at Mountain Park from now until August 2020 as a beneficiary of their Bag it Forward program! To participate, just bring your reusable shopping bag and you can donate your 5 cent bag credit to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Metro.
Bring a Reusable Bag > Get a Bean > Put your 5 cent bean in the bin for Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Metro
5. Save your Bottles & Cans
Bottles and cans overflowing at home? Donate them to the Clubs through Bottle Drop Give! Your recycling goes to help teen leadership programs.
Here’s a few ways you can give back by recycling:
- If you already have a bottle drop account, just keep bringing in your bottles, and donate your balance online.
- Grab a tagged blue bag from your Club, fill it up, and drop off at your local bottle center.
- Grab a blue bag from your Club, fill it up, and text Club staff at 503.969.5195. They’ll pick up your bag and take it in for you.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland’s mission is to empower all young people, especially those who need us most, to discover their full potential as caring, engaged, responsible community members.
At Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland, enormous learning and growing opportunities become available to youth. Learn more
Volunteers play a vital role by assisting with special events and through direct involvement with the Boys & Girls Clubs organization. There are countless ways to volunteer. Learn more