Youth need support.
Across our state and nation, we know that children and teens are struggling with stress and mental health concerns. High rates of youth suicide, homelessness, poverty, and food insecurity, coupled with low access to mental health services, puts our youth in dire need of support.
At the Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Metro, we not only provide supportive programming for academics, healthy lives, and career readiness, but we focus all of our services on social emotional wellness, mental health, basic needs supports. A commitment to equity and trauma-informed care underlies all our efforts.
In order for youth to reach their full potential, they need our full support, which is why the Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Metro is committed to:
- Breaking down barriers to accessing mental health care through community partnerships and in-Club counseling.
- Creating caring relationships with adult mentors to build resilience.
- Prioritizing social emotional skill development to equip our youth to be ready for their classrooms and future jobs.
- Providing the services that our youth, families, and communities need to not only reach their full potential, but thrive together.
If you or a loved one need access to healthcare, food, housing, counseling, or other community services, you can see a listing of community resources on our Youth & Family Services page.
How can I help?
- Provide meaningful mentorship to our youth by signing up to volunteer! We have opportunities for you to coach, support arts programs, provide academic help, and so much more.
- Become an advocate for youth by joining Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s Catalyst for Change network. When you sign up, you’ll receive tools and email notices that will empower you to make your voice heard to members of Congress and take action on the issues that impact our youth.
- Make a donation to support services in our Clubs. We can’t do this work without your help, and every dollar makes a difference.