Summer Kids in the Park
Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Metro, in partnership with the City of Gresham, is putting a hop and a SKIP into summertime with Summer Kids in the Park, an 8-week program for youth 18 and younger. There is no cost to participate in the SKIP summer recreation program.
A nutritious sack lunch will be served through the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s summer lunch program.
Locations: Main City Park (Gresham-Barlow), Red Sunset Park (Gresham-Barlow), Rockwood Central Park (Reynolds)
Are scholarships available?
- Are only available for member sessions (summer or school year), and are not available to visitors or drop-in fees. If you are interested in applying for a scholarship please do so before registering for summer program to reduce the 10% deposit required at check out.
- Scholarships may be applied for even after registration. Any initial deposit amount will be applied to the resulting total once scholarships are applied.
- Scholarships cannot be applied to offerings that have already occurred.
- Scholarship forms are available on our website, or at any of our Club locations. All scholarships will be reviewed, and our staff are committed to a 5 business day turnaround time for requests.
- Families that were awarded a school year scholarship will need to re-apply for summer specific scholarships.
Cancellation or Refunds
- We have a limited availability for our Morning Club time. If you wish to un-enroll your child from one of our weeks, please contact your Club at least seven days prior to that week’s start date in order to receive a 90% refund or have 100% of your purchase applied to other Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland offerings.
- If a cancellation is requested less than seven days prior to a camp’s start date, no refunds or transfers will be given. If a registration is not cancelled 7 days prior to the camps start date, registrants are still responsible for all fees regardless of Club attendance.
Registration is now open!
Inukai Family Club is officially wait-listed for summer memberships. We request that current members RSVP using the link below if they plan to attend Afternoon Club.
Rockwood Club is officially wait-listed for summer memberships, and are requiring parents to RSVP in order to serve their child. We cannot guarantee a spot unless you have reserved a spot through the Active website; anyone who has a current summer or school year membership must RSVP if planning to attend Afternoon Club.